The Mindful Collective is a team of passionate and empowered people who seek to inspire mindful and meaningful change. We individually and collectively stand for equality, inclusion and diversity because without difference we cannot innovate. We recognise that unearned privilege exists as well as the impact this has on those without it, including in science and the study of human behaviour. We acknowledge that words are just that, unless followed by action.
As such we have implemented the following:
- Culturally appropriate evidence-based practice
- Normalising the asking of pronouns and identifiers
- Including the impacts of unearned privilege on the wellbeing of those without it in treatment planning and team professional development
- Advocacy work within mental health, legal and education systems
- Curiously seeking additional training, perspectives and knowledge
- Actively seeking diverse and different voices for our socials, membership and events. This extends to actively sharing the voices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, those from culturally different backgrounds, those who have diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTIQIA+ community
- Continuing to pursue diverse hiring policies
We are here to get it right, not to be right. Different voices and perspectives are welcome and encouraged in our space.